Tuesday 4 December 2012

Reading and Writing Reflection

Writing perspective: Writing twitter fiction these past few weeks has gone well. For most of the tweets I actually didn't find it too hard to get into 140 characters. Only about one or two of them I actually had to sit there on twitter and thing really hard what I wanted to put in it. What I learnt about myself as writer during this is that I definitely don't like have a limit to how big my story is. I like to be able to establish the story and characters a lot more. When publishing my work on twitter it was a little weird to think how huge the audience might actually be. When posting on blogger my audience isn't that big it's mostly the class and some of my family reading it, but this was a whole different story.


Reading perspective: The twitter fiction that I read was Alina Simones. Here story was about about break ups, the title of all of them was called Antaomy of a Break Up. I chose to read this because her stories where easy to follow, you didn't have to always read the one before to understand what was going on. It was weird to be able to just sit on twitter for almost a whole hour so browsing around and just read every ones twitter. I was surprised at how deep and rather dark some people went while writing their twitter fiction, but it made for some really good tweets.


About twitter: This assignment didn't really change my perspective of twitter, I honestly still don't really like it at all. It not something I will continue with after.

No comments:

Post a Comment