Friday 28 December 2012

Trains, planes, and automobiles!

For Christmas break this year I got the opportunity to go to California to see my Dad!! It seems like the prices for planes just keep going up and up now, so we decided that a train is the way to go! What's really great about this trip is that I am not all alone for the 58 hours we have to travel which is great! As it turns out my boyfriend is coming along for the trip with me! We have brought everything possible to keep us entertained during the really longs hours of traveling. Like movies, books, iPods and our phone to play games on. So far we have traveled 30 hours and we have about half the trip to California done! We went through North Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Washington state and now Portland Oregon. As I am writing this we are sitting, waiting in the train station here in Portland we have about four hours on a stopover here so we went walking around to get a bit of a look of the city. I find this area we are in is rather empty outside, this must be the old part of town. We went walking around and I found most of the population on the streets were homeless people. The architecture of this station is really really cool, just like the one back home in Winnipeg. During my trip I will try and keep my blog updated with how my trip is going. So look forward to more posts coming soon!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment