Thursday 20 September 2012

Happiness...




What is happiness? Does anyone really know the answer to this very question? Happiness can be defined in many many ways, to many different people. Happiness can be the birth of a new born child, winning your very first hockey game, a poor man getting a proper meal, falling in love for the first time... Happiness can be whatever you choose to make.



        For myself, going to Europe for the very first time was my definition happiness. It has always been a dream of mine to travel to Europe. I have always been in kind of awe of the way things, and the average day in Europe would be like. You could say it's been a life long dream of mine! What really got me motivated to go was when my older sister Celia, went on an amazing 18 day trip with her husband Rob. They traveled to many great countries like the Netherlands, Italy, Great Britain, Germany and tons more. Seeing their pictures was absolutely the highlights of those 18 days for me. I would over and over again be refreshing the page to see if new ones were loaded. I without a doubt  loved seeing the love and  happiness my sister  and brother in-law were experiencing on this chance of a life time.

You could say I finally got a little taste of happiness in grade ten when my Culinary Art teacher asked me if I would love the chance to go to Italy in March on Spring Break of 2011. At first I honestly thought it was a joke and he was just pulling my leg..... But as the months got closer and closer to my up coming trip I could hardly contain myself. It was really all I could talk about to anyone, I am pretty sure they were getting sick of it all. It was definitely worth the wait!

 My tour group ended up having only 18 of us. I don't think I could have imagined this experience with any other people or any other way. There a few people that for sure stand out in my mind when I think about this trip!  This trip may have had it's ups and downs, but it really was a little piece of happiness to add to my own puzzle of life.  

For me this was my definition of happiness! I just wanted to thank the select few people who made this trip possible and help make the trip what it really ended up to be. I will always cherish the memories and pictures.





Happiness... make it yours.  


    

No comments:

Post a Comment