Monday 24 September 2012

Reading Reflection #2

The Taker

Alma Katsu

Pages #62-80



        Through this book over and over again more characters are introduced to the reader. Many of the new characters are introduced during Lanny's flash back again. This time the new character that we meet is called Magdalena. In the town of St. Andrews it's really rare and frankly unheard of for a woman to be living alone without a husband or with a family. So Magdalena is frowned at because she is not working to support herself he is looking for hand out from the rest of the town. When really she has her own ways of providing for herself.... Magdalena is the town’s prostitute. Lanny is mesmerized by Magdalena because she is unlike any of the other women in their small town. I think Magdalena is some type of witch, I believe she is the one who makes Lanny and Jonathan immortal. Both Lanny and Jonathan in the present day have these tattoos that were made by the same person. I really think that person is Magdalena.


       If I had the chance to be immortal I believe I wouldn't take it. The reasons why I would do this are because I wouldn't want to live without my family and I couldn't picture myself living forever without them. Who would want to wander the earth for the rest your days alone? I do believe everyone dreams of being immortal at some point in their life and dream of what they could see and experience in all that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment